We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Konopiste castle - transportation and tour tickets

NYC
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Konopiste castle - transportation and tour tickets

Does anyone know which bus one should take from city centre into Konopiste? Also do we need to buy the various tour tickets in advance? I read there are three different tours so wondered which one is the best to go to.

Thanks in advAnce!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,960 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Konopiste castle - transportation and tour tickets

bus is rather useless in this case to get to Kono.

easier to just grab a cab at the station or walk the 1.3 mile to the castle

you can also catch the new(kiddie) train service at the train station...check the timetable

http://www.ekovlacekbenesov.cz/en/index.html

done it at least 3 times....I've always done the tour with the armory and the chapel...#2

definitely include the chapel...if armory is not your suit then chose one of the others.

you can google images

NYC
Level Contributor
176 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Konopiste castle - transportation and tour tickets

Thanks Teja! Would the tours be available when we get there? I am also debating going to the Karlsjern Castle and it seems like I need to book the tour 2 in advance....is Konopiste more interesting than Karlsjern?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,960 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Konopiste castle - transportation and tour tickets

I've never pre-booked for either location. For tour 2 at KARL it is limited tour with only 16 people so in that case yes-you would need a reservation.

The biggest difference are the crowds...KARL is definitely more crowded and touristy......KONO is not.. As well it sits near a lake surrounded by trees and large garden (also better options for lunch in Benesov near where KONO is located i.e. not tourist prices or menus). KARL is more dramatic as it sits atop a hill.

I've done both several times. IMO either one is worthy as you won't find anything like them in the US

Read the history of KONO-connection to Franz Ferdinand

4. Re: Konopiste castle - transportation and tour tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 06:16