We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag do comparison to Budapest

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Stag do comparison to Budapest

Hi,

I've just posted a similar thread in the Budapest forum, but what I'm looking for is someone who has been to both Prague and and Budapest.

I've been left to arrange a stag do for about 18 people for March next year out of Budapest and Prague.

Can anyone give us a few pointers - All of us are between 24-35, we'll be looking for stag do activities and great nightlife with clubs that offer a table service and yes it's fair to say we all like to party. We'll be arriving on a Thursday and leaving on Sunday.

I have not looked too much into detail at Prague yet as it's only been mentioned today and now I'm left to do a bit of research to book this on Friday.

Me on the other hand will probably sneak off and do a bit of sightseeing, so again looking at the two cities which one would I benefit most from? I'm not really too interested in history but more so taking a few photos of landmarks.

Thank you

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,882 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag do comparison to Budapest

not much advice here 1. stag parties in Prague are a thing of the past and 2. as posters, we really don't encourage them

if you are really interested, use the searchbox above..key word stag..you will find previous posts. There is a current thread running

Edited: 21 May 2014, 06:50
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag do comparison to Budapest

The clubs I go to don't allow stag parties, but there are some at Wenceslas Square who welcome them...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag do comparison to Budapest

its easy to stereotype, I've been on rowdy stag doo's and conservative ones in both cities, if its purely drinking you're going to be doing then they are both very similar (Budapest is definitely more expensive)

if you want culture, take in a football match/hockey match, brewery tours, WWII monuments/museums etc i would say Prague.. Budapest is hard work getting to the football grounds of Ujpest and ferencvaros.

there is 'Club Lucerna' at the bottom of wenceslas square in Prague, they'll let you in there no probs, and numerous strip joints in the wenceslas square area if thats what you want re Prague. and you can eat every day at Rocky o reilleys or the dubliner if there aren't many of you willing to eat the local cuisine.

Prague is better!!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
185 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag do comparison to Budapest

Go to Budapest

:)

5. Re: Stag do comparison to Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 07:16