We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

Hi, my friend & I are planning to travel from Prague to Cesky-Tesin by day-train in late June.

I've search for tickets online from www.cd.cz/eshop and the site recommends buying the 'First Minute Czech' ticket. I am not too sure how this ticket works:

1) It says 'the tickets are not tied to specific trains'. Does that mean I can travel any time I wish on that day?

2) Do I need to reserve seats online if I've already decided on the time/train now?

2) I believe I need to purchase a luggage ticket. The purchasing site gave an option to purchase luggage by pcs. If I purchase ticket for one piece of luggage online, but decide to add another piece later, can I purchase the additional luggage ticket on that day at the counter?

Really appreciate any advise on the above matter. Thank you =)

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,024 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

standard ticket, yes are open times/ you can buy on the day of your travel

you don't need first class or reservations on Czech Rail..no real difference in classes and trains do not sell out

luggage should not cost extra

since you are headed to Ostrava, for a nicer train service look into Leo Express or RegioJet..in this case, you select specific times for travel

Edited: 27 May 2014, 15:32
Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

You can purchase domestic tickets two months in advance. They are valid for any train (i.e. from Prague to Brno, etc.) on the date you choose. You really do not need to purchase seat reservations. I have never made seat reservations in the last 40 years.

Also, I know they ask you to pay extra for luggage, but I never check on this option. This is something they started in the last year or so. As long as you have a ticket, that is what is important.

One last thing, they will ask you to enter your ID number, so put in your passport number. The train conductor will check your ticket information --- name and "number" ---- against your official document (passport for you).

Buying your ticket in advance from the website saves you only a little bit. I usually do it to save about 10% and also to get "points" on my credit card. Otherwise, buy your ticket at the station before you leave.

Edited: 27 May 2014, 15:38
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

Thank you for the advice =)

Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

hi guys, i am too trying to book two sleepers tickets train on cd.cz from Prague to Budapest. (9/3) But for some reason when I selected "double" and "Purchase", it errors out saying "for the First Minute ticket offer, you must choose a 3-berth (T3) compartment". I cannot seem to get this error fix and it would not let me just get a double sleeper compartment..can anyone help, please? i am running out of ideas...

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

it's not an error, double sleepers are not available with cheap tickets. According to the latest change in the conditions, CD will let you buy a 3 sleeper but you must purchase the whole compartment, i.e. buy 3 tickets.

Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

ic, so is there a way to buy regular ticket and get two sleeper compartment? i was not even trying to get cheap tickets..i just follow the screen instructions..

One more question if you dont mind. THe train I looked at has two connections. Does it mean that during the night sleep I have to physically getting up and switch trains? twice?! Sorry but I am not familiar with the system so Im probably asking dumb questions...

thank you!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

You can buy reservation only on CD eshop, and ticket on the day at full price which is about 60 euros per person.

Which train are you looking at? EN477 Metropol leaves Prague at 23.45 and is a direct train, no change.

Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

ic, thank you for that. the train is metropo; 477 but there is a one leave passes midnight around 00:04 or something and arrives the similar time the next day. that one has 2 connections.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

Because a carriage from the train (after the first change of trains) gets shunted onto EN477 at Breclav....ignore this train completely.....

Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CD train- First Minute Czech ticket

one more question...im so sorry.. do i need to pay extra for reservation seats? what does it mean getting the sleepers without reservation ?