We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tour & ghost tour

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Walking tour & ghost tour

My husband and I are planning to visit Prague this summer (august) and unfortunately we have only 1 evening + 1 full day. We are very keen on doing the Ghost tour (ghosts and legends of old town) on our first night there as it seems to be something completely different from what we have experienced before. Also we feel that it will give us an opportunity to see the sites in a different light.

I want to know, once we do this, should we plan on taking a regular city walking tour (duration 2.5hrs or so) the next day, which covers sights like old town square, st. nicholas church etc? My question is driven purely out of lack of time, which we would like to invest in viewing extra sites instead of doing something that may be more or less repetitive.

Will truly appreciate if someone can give any recommendations on the above. Thanks.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

any insights or suggestions?? anyone??? :|

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,678 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

Is it the one through Haunted Prague? I went on that one last July and liked it a lot. I often go on the same tours and always learn something new and see something different, so I can't say whether it is worth it to you or not to go on a tour that covers the same area. Prague is different at night, even though the center is never dark...

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

We did the underground walk by lamplight in the Old Town Hall and the Ghosts and Legends of Old Town tour both with McGee's Ghost Tours last night.

Both were excellent especially the Underground tour. The two guides we had, Tomas and David, were very knowledgeable and great story tellers.

If you are stuck for time I would opt for the Underground tour (something a bit different).

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

Hi Stevegmu! My husband and I gave your comment a thought and are now inclined towards doing both the ghost tour and the day time walking tour...! Like you said...we can probably learn more...and see what seems to be the main charm of the city in day light. Thanks!

Hi Puddletink..thanks for the response. Yes, we are planning to go for both Ghosts and Legends + Underground by lamplight. Since this combination is in the evening it seems to fit well in our schedule. I was mainly confused if we needed a city walking tour in the morning again after the Ghosts tour. I would welcome your opinion on that.

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

The Ghosts and Legends Tour takes you through the streets surrounding Old Town Square. It doesn't visit anywhere that will be on the daytime City tours so there will be no overlap. If you are stuck for time I would think a daytime tour will ensure you get to see as many of the sites as possible.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

Thanks Puddletink! Your kind response has made it clear now! Definitely doing both now! :)

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

You're welcome.

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

You're welcome.

9. Re: Walking tour & ghost tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16