We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City map for tourists

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
City map for tourists

Hi! we are planning a trip to Prague and other cities like Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg etc. We have been trying to check on google maps some distances and directions for using public transport, reaching metro/ tram stations, but all of it seems to be confusing since we are not familiar with the names and the local language.

Need advice on where can we find city maps with street names etc written on it. Also how can we find out about what stop do need to get down at to walk to our places of interest. Basically looking for tourist oriented maps.

Are such maps available at the railway stations...or metro stations? Or if there any such good links from where we can download such maps.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Prague
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Discover Prague Tours
City Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Prague On Segway, on E-Scooter, on Quad
City Tours, Segway Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Next City Tours Prague
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
619 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City map for tourists

Streetwise maps are terrific in my estimation. We buy one for every place we go. We used one in Prague, Budapest, and Munich in this past trip. One can buy them online.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,214 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City map for tourists

I like StreetWise for a hard copy map and Prague Trips by Public Transport for a mobile map app--

http://www.czechtourism.com/useful-apps/

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City map for tourists

Hi Lyn! Thanks for the response. Can you please suggest where can we buy online maps from? Which one did you use?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
266 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City map for tourists

We use Streetwise as well, and get them from Amazon.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
625 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City map for tourists

I too like to carry paper maps instead of relying only on electronic map on my phone/tablet.

The best maps that I've seen of European cities are from EuroCity, Borch, and Marco Polo. But lately National Geographic puts out very good maps of cities.

As far as Streetwise goes, I have a few, but I've never been a fan of it. It is good small handy reference map, great if you are in a downpour, but as a planning map or a serious touring map, it is not.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,407 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City map for tourists

one of the best free maps is the pocket one offered by a group of hostels....shaded yellow with a caricature of Old Towne on the front

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,407 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City map for tourists

www.cityspy.info/spy_map.php?city=Prague

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: City map for tourists

if you want a paper map of just the central area, go to the marriot hotel and ask for one of their maps, by far the best one we found for a pocket easy to read map

9. Re: City map for tourists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:16