We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport stamp

Ammerschwihr, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Passport stamp

I'm going from Prague to Amman transits in Greece and my schengen is single entry so can I go out from Athena airport or they will stamp my passport at Prague airport ?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,622 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport stamp

To clarify...you hold a non Eu passport and have a single entry Schengen visa......there is no passport control between Prague and Athens, so no stamp....as long as you don't exit Schengen zone you have nothing to worry about. Both Czech Republic and Greece are in Schengen.

Ammerschwihr, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport stamp

Ya but I'm asking becouse I'm going only transite to Greece so my out of Europe passport stamp will be in Greece or in Prague ?

Thank you

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,319 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport stamp

It will be stamped on your exit point from the EU, i.e. when leaving Athens - your passport will not be checked either when going out of the Czech Republic or when entering Greece.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 23:57
Salmiyah, Kuwait
Level Contributor
165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport stamp

what i know (or think) that when u reach Athens airport you'll have two ways :

- 1st one to go to ur final gate to Amman so u'll meet a passport control and they'll stamp ur passport for leaving the Schengen area.

- 2nd way is to walk towards the exit to the city so no passport control will be, when u'll come back to the airport u'll make the stamp.

5. Re: Passport stamp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16