We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is most of Prague fairly flat?

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Is most of Prague fairly flat?

Hello,

It will be best for us, if we can stay in a part of the city that near transportation and that is fairly flat and without hills and multiple stairs to climb. We can probably walk up to a mile at a time, but hills and stairs would be difficult for us to deal with. Is most of Prague fairly flat, or could you give us the name of a landmark in a part of town that you think would work for us?

Thanks so much!

Spirit

Arsy, France
Level Contributor
3,296 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is most of Prague fairly flat?

yes it flat until you get to the castle area and then there are some monster hills :)

but you can get up to the castle without having to walk so you will be fine with the rest of prague as its flat, but its full of cobbles so this can draw on your feet and knees

I have just come back from Prague and I took my 80 year old mum, she cant take a step up or down without having something to hold on to and she walked about fine, it was just going up and down steps that were an issue - one thing to bear in mind, some of the metro escalators are very fast and these scared the hell out of my mum, we had to stand either side of her and literally lift her on and off these super fast ones

taxis are cheap so if you get tired then just hop into a cab

if you want to stay in the centre of it all then go for old town / Jewish quarter - everything is within walking distance from there

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,112 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is most of Prague fairly flat?

Tram 22 up and behind the castle...downhill from there

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,292 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is most of Prague fairly flat?

or metro to Vysehrad...and downhill from there:)

or funicular to Petrin....and down through the park or on straight road to Strahov...and then down

Edited: 10 June 2014, 23:12
praha
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is most of Prague fairly flat?

or tram to sparta - letna park and go down from there through the park

5. Re: Is most of Prague fairly flat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16