We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague to Vienna

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Prague to Vienna

Hi there!

I arrive in Prague on Monday and will be there until Friday. I need to arrive in Vienna on Monday, so that leaves me with Friday until Monday to spend somewhere else.

My general plan was to spend Mon-Fri touring the city of Prague, with a day trip on Wed or Thursday to Day trip to Kutna Hora. I have RSVPs at a Hostel in Prague for those nights already.

So my general question was how to make my way to Vienna. I have heard that Ceske Krumlov and Salzburg are nice places to visit, and are along the way, so how would you suggest I travel from Prague (late) Friday until Vienna (late) Monday?

Thanks,

Josh

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,107 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague to Vienna

you have the choice of bus or train to get to Vienna.

look at Student Agency bus or Czech Railways to purchase on line

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague to Vienna

Thanks for your response, but what I really need help with is a suggested itenerarty from Prague to Vienna... from there I can figure out how best to travel from place to place! :)

Take care,

Josh

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,274 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague to Vienna

If you want to stop in Cesky Krumlov...get Student agency bus...

If you want to visit Salzburg as well...for the best option, hire one of CK shuttles

From Salzburg to Vienna, take a train..buy tickets on line either from Austrian railways or Westbahn.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague to Vienna

Thanks! How long would you suggest I spend in each place? I could just spend the day in CK on Friday, then go on to Salzburg that night, or I could spend the night in CK Friday then move on Saturday morning... Thoughts?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,274 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague to Vienna

I would stay overnight in each, CK and Salzburg....take an early afternoon shuttle from CK to Salzburg on Saturday, and late Sunday afternoon train to Vienna.

6. Re: Prague to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 15:25
Edited: 19 June 2014, 15:25
7. Re: Prague to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:17