We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

My family (4 of us - all adults) are going to Prague for one night. We've just decided this and aren't very prepared. Our plans are to walk around the city and see the sights. Could I have an idea of where to stay within walking distances to places? Should we stay east or west of the river? We're spending three nights in Berlin, going to Prague for one night and then heading to Genthin for six nights, so we decided to throw in Prague at the last minute. We are leaving July 10. Any suggestions on areas/sights appreciated!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

arriving by train? do you want to be the vicinity of the train station? budget? chain hotel or penzion type place?

Namesti Republic is a good area and proximity to the train station...from here you can take the tram across the river and change to tram 22 to get you up behind the castle...you can walk down from there and do one full swath...castle, St. Mikulas, the bridge, Old Towne and then Vaclav Square

you have standard Marriott, Hilton...King's Court (by Steve). moderate as in IBIS Old Towne

Prague is fairly compact and walkable...if you want something more immediate to the train station

Chopin Hotel, Design, 987 Design Hotel..these are just out the front/yards away

Edited: 29 June 2014, 07:50
Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

You itinerary is all messed up! You go from Berlin to Prague (for only one night). Then you get on a train and head back to Germany to Genthin.

You really did not think that trip through. You've added a LOT of extra train travel/hours by back-tracking.

If it is because you are flying out of Berlin back to the States, then why not pick something much, much closer to Berlin and Genthin?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,062 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

I agree....circa 5 hours each way...stay at least 2 nights in Prague otherwise it's not worth the expense.

Good hotels are Ventana..or you could try Archibald Charles Bridge.

illinois
Level Contributor
103 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

Yes, I agree with you in regards to traveling to Prague for one night. We've decided not to do that trip, but will stay in Germany and enjoy the areas around Genthin. I would rather enjoy the sights there and not spend so much time driving. Perhaps next time will be Prague.

5. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:17