We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Japaratinga, AL
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

I have just taken an overnight train from Praha to Budapest and I booked a couchette 4 ticket. However I found that is a couchette 6 's room and all beds could not be folded up. Just they sell 4 tickets in C4 and sell 5 tickets in C6. I found this is cheating. I would like to have more space at least could be sitting on the bed therefore booked a C4 and paid for C4's price. But now.....!!!!! It's very hard on the bed since I could not sit all the time. That 's really CHEATING!!!!!!!

Japaratinga, AL
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

I understood the above usual case at all but the fact is I have been this unusual case. And it is confirmed by the staff. I am so confused as well. I have sent an email to complain and waiting for reply but I don't think anyone will reply me since I feel this is a untrusted company.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,841 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

You sent an email to complain, well and good, but what it is that you want! the difference in price is circa 6USD..and Czech railways as well as Deutsche Bahn are trusted companies.

There is nothing anyone here on the forum can do.

Japaratinga, AL
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

I have sent an email many days ago but there is still no reply. I don't think they care about this. Bad company!!!!!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,601 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

What are you expecting them to do? :)

Japaratinga, AL
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

I just got their reply as follows. According to this fact it seems they are right but according to common sense I don't think it makes sense. Anyway I will remind others about this issue since Czech seems have different culture / thinking in the same case from other countries.

" You have bought a reservation in 4-couchette-department. In case more that 4 persons travelled in this department , we ask you to submit the confirmation from a conductor concerning this fact. If more than 3 other persons did not travel with you, there is no title to the refund of the difference between the document in 4-couchette-department and 6-couchette-department."

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,610 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

how much was the difference in Price?I will send you the difference if you quit moaning.

Harrogate
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

I think the poster has a valid point, it may not interest all contributors on the Prague forum..ie talking about beer and eating large amounts of meat in Pragues pubs and restaurants...... Let poster express themselves in a serious manner if needs be.....Just saying like.....

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,610 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

the OP got a 4 berth couchette but moaned about the fact that it was a 6 berth one for 4 people, that's like complaining then you got a twin room when you asked for a single or a family room when you asked for a double.

On our travels crap happens and for the OP there was a very minor bit of crap that he has moaned about.

has the OP complained on the Budapest Forum about this?

Harrogate
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

It's nice to be nice, no need to pull apart others......Sometimes there needs to be room for everybody to be able to express themselves....Not just the chosen few on a chosen few topics............Just saying like.....

Peace and Love.........

Japaratinga, AL
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: WARNING: Never buy the couchette 4 !!!!

Whatever if my issue makes anyone comfortable, I just realized the world is too big, too many various culture for people to understand all.

Just like an issue of strike in Italy making passenger delaying their trip but the organizer doesn't need to explain or re-arrange for the passengers affected. It is just a normal situation for Italian.

Whereas in Japan / Hong Kong, even just less than 5 mins' delay of the transport, the organization must report and provide the best solution for the passengers immediately including sending a report about this issue to the public after that. Or the public / media must chase the organization. It is a norm in these countries.

Different people have different thinking. This is what I learned.