We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking in advance (transport and opera)

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ashkelon, Israel
Level Contributor
59 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Booking in advance (transport and opera)

1. We plan to go on two day trips (to Telc and to Český Krumlov) from Prague (by public transport) in July. It is possible to order online. Is it essential? Are seats numbered? Might they run out or can we order a day or two in advance once in Prague? Same question for the Terezin concentration camp.

2. We want to see an opera on a certain date but would prefer to book and pay on arrival in Prague 5 days before the performance date, rather than by credit card online. Are we risking all tickets being sold out, do you think?

Thanks in advance!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,453 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking in advance (transport and opera)

Cesky Krumlov is popular...you might be able to walk up 2 or 3 days before but I'd certainly get tickets

for weekend travel...via Student Agency. Easy enough to buy on line..and yes, you are purchasing a specific time and the seats are assigned.

Hopefully, you plan on two individual day trips from Prague or combining the two with an overnight stay somewhere. It would not be worth it trying to see to both in one day.

In general, to Telc (to/from Ceske Budejovice or to/from Prague) would be regional bus service and in this case you simply pay the driver and no seat assignments. Bus is the most direct method but only 1 or 2 direct buses from Telc to Prague.....other departure times/routes require a bus change

timetables here

jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/

Student Agency here/ either destination in C Krumlov

http://www.studentagency.eu/

Student Agency ticket window in Prague is at Florenc however, departure Cesky Krumlov is Andel/Na Knížecí

Edited: 07 July 2014, 11:41
Ashkelon, Israel
Level Contributor
59 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking in advance (transport and opera)

Thank you very much for responding! Yes, I did mean on separate days! If we don't have time to do both and have to choose between Telc and Cesky Krumlov, which would you recommend? We are in our 50s, I am not a great walker because of a medical issue but we love beautiful views, music, especially hearing local musicians and meeting local people, seeing colourful markets, gardens. On a day trip, we wouldn't be going into churches, museums or archeological sites, more outdoors and "people" things.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking in advance (transport and opera)

It is swings and roundabouts.

Český Krumlov requires a lot more more walking, including hills, but has more to it in the way of what you might be looking for. Telč consists of a beautiful Renaissance main square (flat) with a chateau in one corner and little else besides.

I'm not sure about local musicians/colourful markets, though. For that sort of thing you need to go to the wine country in Eastern Moravia during harvest time in the late summer.

praha
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking in advance (transport and opera)

If you can manage both....the houses on the sqaure in Telc are just spectacular, and its setting by the little lake and park. But Krumlov is Krumlov and it is hard to leave it out....

Both places will require some walking, but they are small towns, you will get away with a bit less walking in Telc.

I would buy the opera tickets in advance if you have decided on the performance and date ...

Edited: 07 July 2014, 13:00
Ashkelon, Israel
Level Contributor
59 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking in advance (transport and opera)

Yes, I'm looking at clips on youtube and they are both so lovely. Thank you for your response.

6. Re: Booking in advance (transport and opera)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:17