We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to catch tram?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How to catch tram?

I know this might seems like a silly question, but I am wanting to catch a tram from Ohrada to Vozovna Zizkov and back. I realise it is only one stop but I will have luggage and am not keen to walk as a single female at night. (Meeting people at Hotel Appollon and I'm staying at Hotel Vitkov).

How do I catch the tram in Prague? I read that you buy a ticket from the ticket machine and then when you get on you have to validate it? Is this correct? Want to avoid a fine for such a short trip.

Thanks!!

usa
Level Contributor
412 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to catch tram?

Thats the exact procedure, so you dont need any help at all :) The ticket machines are in metro stations, or ask at your hotel where the nearest one is. The validation boxes on the tram itself is a squarish yellow box you cant miss. The streets of Prague are very safe, even at night, but catching a tram is a cinch, if you want to.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,453 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to catch tram?

distance is about 650m..

wherever you arrive-via bus, train, airport...buy your tickets then.. looking at street view, I don't see machines at either of those 2 points. ...because of your location, you might start out with a 24hr ticket for 110kc..about $5USD..(you'll be needing transit the next day anyway ) if you buy a few single tickets, buy the smaller amount..24kc for 30mintues

FYI, the tobacco/'traffik' corner shops sell tickets as well

3. Re: How to catch tram?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:16