We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iPads and 220 voltage...

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
iPads and 220 voltage...

Hello

I bought my iPad in the U.S. Do I need to use a current converter when I charge my iPad? (I know I will need an adaptor for the iPad's plug so that it will go into the electrical outlets in Prague.) I don't want to see my iPad go up in smoke!

Thank you,

Spirit

Lafayette...
Level Contributor
269 posts
556 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iPads and 220 voltage...

You're fine - just look at the USB adapter - if it is from Apple, it should say 100-240v in very, very small letters.........I've used mine all over Europe and it charges perfectly with just a plug adapter.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iPads and 220 voltage...

As long as your charger is dual voltage all you need to worry about is a plug adaptor. Most small items, such as phone, camera, laptop or tablet chargers have been dual voltage for years now, But as LightFighter said, check on the actual plug for your device to ensure its dual voltage first.

3. Re: iPads and 220 voltage...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:17