We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not able to purchase tickets

Aguascalientes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Not able to purchase tickets

Hello everybody,

I am planning a trip to the Czech Republic in the middle of September, but I am having difficulties making reservations. I have been trying to purchase tickets to travel from Brno to Oloumuc, and Brno to Warsow through the following website http://jizdnirady.idnes.cz/autobusy/spojeni/ but I am not able to do so. Does any want can tell me if there is something wroing with that bus company?

Also, does anybody know the train company I need to use to travel from Krakow to Budapest? I belive there is only one overnight train.

Thank you,

MM

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,041 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not able to purchase tickets

The site that you are trying to use is just a server that gives the times and links to other sites where you can buy tickets. For trains, you should buy on this site:

www.cd.cz/eshop

That is the official Czech Railways eshop. Do not buy from resellers in the Czech Republic. You can book train tickets from Brno to Olomouc there as well. Bus tickets you can get on the day of travel.

Why are you trying to take a bus from Brno to Warsaw? All connections I see are much longer than the train (14 hours as opposed to 8), and you have to change in Hradec Kralove. Best is the train with a connection in Breclav. You leave at 8:22 and get to Warsaw at 16:04. Again, buy your tickets at the Czech Railways eshop.

When buying train tickets in Poland, you should use the ticket reseller www.polrail.com, as it is not possible, as I understand it, to buy tickets online directly from the national rail company.

Edited: 18 July 2014, 05:53
Aguascalientes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not able to purchase tickets

Great information!!!

Thank you very much JeffinPrague!!! I really appreciate it.

MM

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,969 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not able to purchase tickets

Brno to Olomouc is quicker by bus, either www.studentagency.eu in advance or you can just roll up at the bus station and get one of the many buses and pay the driver.

Buy your train ticket to Warsaw at the station in Brno or Olomouc - from Brno to Warsaw it is €41.60, from Ostrava it is €30.40, or from Olomouc it will be somewhere in between. You will be able to use this ticket to stop as many times as you like on the way to Warsaw within the space of one month, should you so wish.

You can buy domestic tickets online in Poland on-line from the national rail company, but in most cases it will cost the same if you buy at the station. europetrainsguide.com/Advice/…Poland-PKP.html Be aware, though, that some trains are literally packed to the rafters, therefore the bus might be best on certain routes - www.polskibus.com (use google translate)

Edited: 18 July 2014, 23:32
Aguascalientes...
Level Contributor
265 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not able to purchase tickets

Many thanks GCEK!!! I really appreciate all the information provided above.

MM

5. Re: Not able to purchase tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:15