We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need tube/bus/tram ticket?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need tube/bus/tram ticket?

We will be in Prague for 3 days and wanted to know if it mostly walking or we should buy a pass for public transport within Prague. If yes, which one to buy?

Thanks for your help!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need tube/bus/tram ticket?

It really depends on your style of traveling. I mostly walk, use taxis and limos, so transport tickets do me no good. One ticket is used for the metro, trams and busses; it is based on time. You validate it in the yellow box on the first form of public transport you use and have a set amount of time to travel- on any combination of public transport.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,051 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need tube/bus/tram ticket?

generally a couple of single tickets will do, as you mention Prague is walkable

no real need for 24 hr or 3 day pass

one suggestion is to catch tram 22 up the hill and you can get off behind the castle..rest is downhill...your calves will probably thank you

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
124 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need tube/bus/tram ticket?

Depends where you are staying. I just left there this morning & stayed in new town at the very edge of old town (wenc sq) for 6 days/nts & only used 2 of the short ride (30min) tickets(cheapest) the entire stay, 1 was needed to take tram up to castle hill. A lady I met there though was staying farther out (cheaper hotel but she said nothing around/residential) & used the metro & trams a LOT!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need tube/bus/tram ticket?

Thanks for your responses. We will mostly walk as we are staying in old town. Take tram as recommended for the castle.

5. Re: Need tube/bus/tram ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:16