We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-berth couchette compartment question

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Topic
4-berth couchette compartment question

The 4 of us (3 females and 1 male) are planning to get a 4-berth couchette compartment for the night train from Prague to Budapest in late September. Is there a way we can ensure we can book the couchette all within the same compartment?

We don't mind to book two 2-berth sleeper compartment but somehow I cannot select this choice. The www.cd.cz/eshop website always directs me to book a 3-berth sleeper compartment. Is this option not available from online booking or I make a mistake in the booking procedure?

Thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,337 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-berth couchette compartment question

The CD eshop only sells discounted tickets..and 2 berths compartment is not available for discount..can buy at full price on the day, hoping the tickets are not sold out....the only option is a 3 berth..which are single sex only so not really suitable for your group.

For the 4 berth compartment (which is multi sex) you cannot ensure that all 4 of you will be together, but if you book early enough check the numbers on the berths..so for example 18th September train shows coach 375, 'seats' 51 - 54..I would assume this means the same compartment.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4-berth couchette compartment question

No wonder I can't book 2-berth sleeper. Thank you so much for the information, Tilly!

May be I will book a 3-berth sleeper for the ladies and I will just book my place in a 4-berth couchette. Do you know if the sleeper unit and couchette unit are just in front or behind each other in the train unit arrangement?

3. Re: 4-berth couchette compartment question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 06:15