We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel help

I'm trying to decide between two hotels:

Grand Majestic Plaza

Grandior Hotel Prague

Is one better than the other? What about location? Hopefully we wold like to take the airport shuttle bus to town. Is it convenient to either of these hotels.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated - thank you.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help

Grand Majestic would be more ideal for the AE bus....60kc to the driver pp, stop is Namesti Republic ...350yds

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help

Thanks - how far would the Grandior be?

Are locations safety wise okay for both?

Thanks again.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help

Prague is very safe for a city of its size...you can be out at 2,3,5am in the center and no worries

Grandior almost 900 yards. -10-12 min walk

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help

both reviews are very favorable...

The slight edge still goes to Plaza IMO. I like location of Plaza...on a side street. Just had friends stay there last week and had a chance to see the lobby and rooms...They were quiet complimentary and happy with the service, helpfulness with tours/suggestions etc.

Grandior is only 130m from the freeway and on bus/tram line...while near these, you will not likely need public transport.

(TIDBIT, either way, catch tram #5 on the side of Palladium, this will take you over the river-go 3 stops to Malostranska and walk diagonally and switch to #22.this will get up the hill and behind the castle.)

Please be advised that to catch the AE back, you have to go to the main train station (street level)-in walking distance). The stops are not reversed in this case. > As well, you could walk to nearby Hilton/Marriott-there is a shuttle in front of Czech Airline office, cost is 150kc pp-about $7.50-which is still reasonable (and more comfortable).

Edited: 31 July 2014, 06:18
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel help

I found out that the hotels offer cheap hotel transfers and since we are arrive at 11:00 pm, I think we will do the hotel transfers. In this case, is one hotel preferred over the other. I think the Grandior is brand new so seems quite appealing.

6. Re: Hotel help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 06:15