We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling day trip from Prague?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cycling day trip from Prague?

I'm in Prague now for another few days and am thinking about renting a bicycle and heading out of the city for a ride. I'm in good shape and do a reasonable amount of cycling back home so I'm looking for a trip up to maybe 40km total.

I picked up a cycling map from the Prague Tourist Office, and it has tons of cycling trails on it, but I'm wondering if any of you have a route/destination that you really like. I much prefer a cycling trail to the road as I hate riding with cars passing me.

I'm thinking about just following the river up north, but I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

Also, I've seen a few rental shops but if you have any favourites, that would be great. And I'm not interested in doing a tour, I much prefer cycling by myself.

Thanks,

Jason

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,489 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling day trip from Prague?

check out the route to Karlstejn from Prague.....

no personal experience have just noticed City Bikes before

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,489 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling day trip from Prague?

some general info here

expats.cz/prague/…

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,489 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycling day trip from Prague?

http://bikingprague.cz/

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,275 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cycling day trip from Prague?

Here is more information about the trip to Karlstejn (and beyond) that Tejashombre mentioned:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274684-i94-k75035…

The bike trails along the Berounka River are great. I have done the trip myself and it is amazing. I think we did 50 km total. If you stay along the river, then it is mainly flat, or you can go north of the river for some great hills. Best is to take the train out to Radotin or Cernosice (from the main station - the City Elephant trains) and cycle from there. You can make it all the way to Nizbor to the glass factory in one day - going all the way to Krivoklat is a bit much. If you need any more information, let me know.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cycling day trip from Prague?

Thanks a lot to both of you for your replies. That trip to Karlstejn sounds great.

Jason

6. Re: Cycling day trip from Prague?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:17