We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Dresden

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Dresden

Is it cheaper to buy the train tickets for a day trip to Dresden in advance, planning on going on August 15,2014. By the way I tried to book online at Bahn .com but it starts in English and by the third step went back to German, so I'm really confused,and which Dresden station should I book?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,121 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Dresden

So buy it from Czech railways...as soon as you can to get the best tickets,,,,Hauptbahnhof

https://www.cd.cz/eshop/default.aspx

Edited: 05 August 2014, 21:27
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,674 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Dresden

another tidbit...sit on the right side of the train going out....train follows the river most of the way

Pilsen Region...
Level Contributor
95 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Dresden

You could also take the bus, there are regular Student Agency buses (more here: https://jizdenky.studentagency.cz/?3), it costs around 850 CZK return. :) You could get to Dresden around 9.45 a.m. and leave shortly before 8 p.m. :)

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Dresden

Thanks guys- really helpful

usa
Level Contributor
412 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Dresden

Which is more scenic, bus or train? Im coming to Prague in December and Im contemplating day trips myself.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Dresden

Franklin, try to schedule a tour of the VW transparent factory. Production will most likely be shut down because of the holidays, but they still have tours around Christmastime. I went there 2 years ago and loved it. It felt considerably colder in Dresden than Prague, so dress appropriately.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,674 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Dresden

re: scenery -as mentioned

".train follows the river most of the way"

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Dresden

The bus is on the highway - much less scenic than the train.

9. Re: Day trip to Dresden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Prague