We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying train tickets

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
buying train tickets

Hi, I will be traveling from Prague to Budapest in October. I understand from reading other posts that I can buy the tickets 60 days in advance. That falls out on a weekend, and while I have a computer at home I don't have a printer. Does anyone know if the tickets must be printed immediately after purchasing them or will I get an email with a link that will allow me to print them at a later date?

I'm also wondering if anybody has had difficulties using American credit cards on the website? A few years ago I had to buy tickets for train travel in Spain and it took a few tries before one of my cards was accepted by their website.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying train tickets

Czech Rail will send you an e-mail with the ticket attached. You can print it out anytime that it is convenient for you.

Just pick English as your language (upper right hand corner), then click on "eShop". Then click on "International", and you are on your way.

The Czechs use a "verifying" service, and sometimes I have to try it a couple times and put in some other information (they ask you the necessary questions). However, it works fine. You'll get the approval and get the ticket e-mailed to you.

When they ask for an ID number, put your passport number in. Then when the Czech conductor comes to check tickets, hand him your ticket and passport together. This saves you having to listen to him ask you in Czech for your ID/passport. The Czech conductors are rather strict about verifying the name and ID number on both the ticket and passport/ID.

I buy tickets from www.cd.cz all the time, as I visit there three times (minimum) every year.

new york
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: buying train tickets

Thanks so much for the quick response, Castleblanca!

3. Re: buying train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 07:16