We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need bank atm at Prague airport..are there any?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Western US
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need bank atm at Prague airport..are there any?

We will be arriving in Prague airport in a couple of weeks and due to physical circumstances need to take a taxi or reserved car to hotel in city center. We will have no local currency to provide a tip...but also not sure if the taxi's take credit cards but even in that case still need tip $. Know it will be much easier once in city to get the local currency. Have searched this board but info is a few years old that I could find and wondered if anyone knows if there is a bank atm ... Anywhere in a/p...but preferably arrivals, luggage or exiting, etc. An option I guess could be to book the hotel private transfer...but its at least 50c more (their quote was 590c) but at least a flat rate and give a tip using euros....but can see why that would not be popular as many have mentioned. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,284 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need bank atm at Prague airport..are there any?

there are at least 5 ATMs in each terminal..they are clustered together

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need bank atm at Prague airport..are there any?

Who did you book your transfer with. Our hotel quoted us 700 kc. Seems like you are able to get a better deal.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need bank atm at Prague airport..are there any?

Taxis from the airport take credit cards, or at least the AAA ones. Not sure about Fix, but I imagine they do. I wouldn't worry about tipping the driver. They will make enough out of your trip. And in any case, the custom for tipping is to round up when paying, even by credit card, so if, for example, the fee is 550 Kc, just give him your credit card and say "600". He will then charge you including the tip.

But yes, there are many ATMs at the airport. Just make sure that you know your PIN (don't mean to insult, but many Americans surprisingly don't) and make sure you check on the fees from your bank.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need bank atm at Prague airport..are there any?

I would take the hotel car for that price.

Hotel transfers can vary; mainly due to type of vehicle. It is 990 CZK where I stay for a Mercedes E Class or similar and 1590 CZK for a Mercedes S Class.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need bank atm at Prague airport..are there any?

The airport is now crawling with ATMs. There will be a line at the first one you spot. Do not queue up, just walk on secure in the knowledge there will be more, and they won't have lines.

6. Re: Need bank atm at Prague airport..are there any?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:17