We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague to berlin via dresden

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prague to berlin via dresden

hi,/

i will be leaving from prague on 13th oct for berlin but am thinking of stopping over in dresden for abt 7 hours.

On www.cd.cz . i am getting a ticket for . ( from 8:29 am to 13: 15 am ) ....it looks like this is the first minute ticket..and in T&C it says "An international ticket can be used either on the specified route or on the specified route and on the required train specified on the ticket."....

my query no 1 is that if i buy this ticket will i have an option to get down at dresden & board another train again post 7 hrs from Dreden to Berlin .(without having to buy a 2nd tkt as i am using the same route )

query 2: can i board this train only on the day specified while booking or will it be valid for more than a 1 ( need to know so i may have the flexibility to stay overnight in dresden)

Valkeakoski, Finland
Level Contributor
231 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague to berlin via dresden

You have to buy two tickets: Prague-Dresden and Dresden-Berlin (bahn.de) 14+19 € at the lowest prices.

The special offer tickets in international transport (seems also in internal transport in Germany) are only for the specified trains.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague to berlin via dresden

Q1 no...

Q2.yes, only on the train for which you bought the ticket

Have a look at German railways site..they allow a stop over in Dresden

alternatively buy standard ticket which is valid for 30 days on any train on the route

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
7,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague to berlin via dresden

As Tilly41 says, the cheap tickets are specific-train-only, no refunds, no changes.

So you can get off at Dresden, but the rest of your ticket is forfeit as the train you're booked on has left!

But try booking at www.bahn.de/en with 'add stopover' clicked and 'Dresden' in the via box and however many hours stopover you want, maximum 48 hours, in the hh:mm stopover box.

You'll then get a ticket from Prague to Berlin from 29 euros with a stopover at Dresden included. On specific trains, of course. Bargain!

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
52 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague to berlin via dresden

I was just there last week and 7 hours is plenty of time for you to see the sights. We stayed overnight but found that we could easily have left late that afternoon and not missed anything. Suggest paying the extra for a reservation - we ended up standing most of the way from Dresden to Prague because the seats were all taken. Enjoy it!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague to berlin via dresden

thanx...this is very helpful

6. Re: Prague to berlin via dresden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2015, 05:15