We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money

Hi All - I'm going to Prague with my partner in 2 weeks time. I'm planning to get the currency this weekend sooo...

Could you please recommend an amount to have per day for food, transport, and attractions (i.e. excluding accommodation)? Looking for an amount that will allow us to take advantage of major attractions and have cheap, good meals (thinking U magistra Kelly, Vidlicky A Noze, U Bulinu, and Bily jerab). Any additional info. is much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money

£50 (1500Kc)per person per day will let you live well. I can manage on considerably less if I need to but then I don't eat and drink in many tourist places.

Edited: 28 August 2014, 11:56
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money

Thank you for your response! We're planning to avoid touristy areas... would £35 each per day be cutting it close?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money

just depends what you are doing but certainly for meals ,a few drinks and a few entrance fees for sites then you should be fine. This is my trip report from a few months ago and it will give you some idea of what I spent.I had roughly £50 per day but I did buy quite a bit of stuff to take home and did drink a fair bit of beer as well a eating some more expensive items on the menus.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k754…

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money

is 800 czk/day/pp for food/drink in cheap/medium-priced places enough?

Edited: 30 August 2014, 13:55
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Money

sorry - it should be 450 czk/day/pp for food/drink in cheap/medium-priced places (3 meals)... around 900 for a couple???

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending Money

it is possible but a bit tight in my opinion

7. Re: Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 20:45
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending Money

Thank you for your response - I budgeted using http://lp.expats.cz/prague-relocation/ - again not sure how accurate is.

I ended up bringing 7500 CZK for 2 people/3.5 days (excludes hotel and ballet tickets). I ended up budgeting 1000/day for food for 2 people using 300 - dinner, 150 - lunch, 50 - breakfast. I have extra spending money in the budget though so if need be we'll have it. I'll post my itinerary and costs later!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending Money

if you break that down to UK £'s then it wont seem much.

Lunch less than £5, dinner less than £10 and breakfast less than £2, it is not a lot and you are going to have to check menu prices carefully. but certainly I think you will be ok as long as you kep to cheaper things on the meus

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
244 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending Money

No worries - I'm vegetarian so I'll have to do menu checking anyways ;). These are the 3 restaurants we plan to eat at U magistra Kelly, Vidlicky A Noze, U Bulinu - I've looked at the menus and I think it will be around 300 czk each plus a bottle of wine/beers so maybe any extra 100-200. Lunch will just be salads/sandwiches and for breakfast we'll probably just buy stuff and make it at our apart hotel or eat it on the go. We're really not that fussy, but do have debit cards/euros in case things do end up being more than we expected.