We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My experience with Student agency bus

Bedford...
Level Contributor
104 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
My experience with Student agency bus

Hi everyone,

I took Student agency bus from Vienna to Prague and it was a wonderful experience.It was cheaper than taking a train though it took longer than a train journey but it was the most comfortable journey I ever had.Seats were spacious..had free Wifi once we entered Czeck republic and choice of movies was good.They provide you with tea or coffee and there is an attendant in the bus to assist you.I was a bit apprehensive in taking a bus initially but I enjoyed my journey and I would recommend this bus service.

SG

Mentioned in this post
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Johnny Pizza
£, Italian, Pizza, Fast food
Wine O'Clock Shop Prague
££ - £££, Italian, Mediterranean, European
Iluze Bar
££ - £££, Bar, European
23 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,101 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

Glad you had a great experience. I have only used them for journeys within the CR but have only had good experiences.Prices are hard to beat too.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,670 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

I only ever use them on this route or part thereof nowadays - the trains have a lot of catching up to do, even with the new railjet.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
743 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

I have also used Student Agency to travel within the Czech Republic and I think they provide a fantastic service. Now I'm planning to go back next year, but I'd like to go to Budapest first.

Is it possible to travel to Prague or Brno from Budapest by Student Agency? I know there is a Hungarian company, Orange Ways, but I've read very negative reviews from those who used it, horror stories, actually, so OW is definitely ruled out.

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Brno
Brno
South Moravian Region, Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,670 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

Yes, it is possible - I think it costs €22 to Prague and €14 to Brno. (the train also costs €14).

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
743 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

Thanks a lot, GCEK! I will ask you for some tips about Brno when my travel plan is ready.

Have a nice day!

Mentioned in this post
Brno
Brno
South Moravian Region, Czech Republic
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
30,670 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

Just for a starter - tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274714-i1153-k6…

and I recommend www.brnonow.com

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
743 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

You are great, GCEK! Thanks again!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

Our experience with this company was also a good one. We took a bus from Prague to Cesky Krumlov, It was on time, clean, service was nice. The only thing my husband and I felt strongly was the horrible smell from the lavatory! Yes we were seated close to the lavatory, but we were not facing it and yet it was horrible. The smell was so strong...I am quite certain it could be felt from the furthest seat as well. And whatever it may be, I don't agree that it should be like this no matter where one sits! I wonder how terrible it must've been for the travelers right in front of the door.

But yea... I would still take this bus (with the furthest possible seat) if I need to travel similar routes again.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Cesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov
South Bohemian Region, Czech Republic
Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

Used them once travelling from Prague to Berlin and our iPad got stolen by the hostess who works on the bus!

Got off in Berlin and forgot our iPad in the seat pocket and emailed the company straight away and they said the hostess couldn't find the iPad, even though her and the driver were the only ones left after we got off. It happened to another couple on the same route (with the same hostess) 6 months prior to our experience. Avoid using them or if you have to use them make sure you don't forget anything on the bus or the staff will steal it. Even an email to the CEO of the company got me no where. We lost all of our photos from our honeymoon to Europe.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Berlin
Berlin
Germany
Europe
Europe
World
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
19,025 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My experience with Student agency bus

how do you know that the steward stole it rather than another passenger?

Reply to: My experience with Student agency bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted