We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a visit 14-17 October, is something going on?

Kansas
Level Contributor
468 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
Planning a visit 14-17 October, is something going on?

Hi, my girlfriend and I are planning to be in Prague next month and we are finding the hotel prices to be higher than September or November. It leads me to think there might be some big convention, festival or the such going on.

I have searched various sites to see what might account for the higher prices with no luck. We still plan to go regardless but we are curious as to the bump in prices and whether we should be factoring an event into our planning. Any help is appreciated in advance.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,691 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a visit 14-17 October, is something going on?

Offhand, I don't find anything either. Even if there was a convention or festival you would probably not notice it...Prague handles crowds year round.

Are you using some search engine or directly at hotel websites?

I've used booking.com for my last several bookings in Prague

What kind of budget?

Generally, the center is very accessible by public transport (cheap, reliable etc)... (if for some reason you are finding it cost-prohibitive to stay in the tourist zone you can stay near or on the edge)

Kansas
Level Contributor
468 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a visit 14-17 October, is something going on?

Thanks for the quick and thoughtful reply. We are hoping to stay in or very near Old Town and our budget is between $150 and $225. We are 45 & 50 and healthy walkers who really enjoy visiting pubs after a day cultural exploration. We don't want to miss a festival or other local gathering, if something is going on.

Is there any chance this time of year brings folks out to view the coloring of autumn leaves?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
684 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a visit 14-17 October, is something going on?

Perhaps you would like to go to some jazz-club with live music in the evening. There's a bunch of cool places like Jazz-Dock, Ungelt Blues and Jazz, Agharta to mention just a few. They all have a website with the program and they have local and foreign live bands playing different styles everyday.

I think you have a great chance to see the colouring of autumn leaves, since Prague is plenty of parks and gardens. I've been there in the last fortninght of November (2012) and tress still kept their yellow and brown leaves (go for a walk through Kampa Park, you'll love it).

Kansas
Level Contributor
468 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning a visit 14-17 October, is something going on?

Thanks so much for the quick reply. We would prefer to stay in or near Old Town and are hoping for $150 to $225 per night.

I have looked via a variety of sites and all seem to reflect this bump.

I'm beginning to wander if the tree leaves might be in full color?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,691 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning a visit 14-17 October, is something going on?

check your pm

6. Re: Planning a visit 14-17 October, is something going on?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:16