We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roma hotel

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
2 posts
Save Topic
roma hotel

thinking of booking for new year stay, we were also thinking of boat trip but concerned now, two ladies (40's) travelling alone any suggestions welcome

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: roma hotel

4 star hotel in Ujezd which will be a 5-10 minute walk from Mala Strana or two stops on the tram. Front facing rooms have Petrin view but are a bit noisy due to the cobblestoned road and tramline. Inside is very smart. I don't see any problems here. Boat trip options are a bit limited after October but, there's always options.

Jason

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
270 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: roma hotel

If you are thinking about the Roma Hotel read my review I just posted. I loved the area but not the hotel. I traveled with my SIs in Law both in our 40's and only area that kind of scared me was the train station in the city but the Mala Strana area I just loved and felt safe just have to watch things like you do in any city but we had no problems on trams or anything. we even went on our own to Kutna Hora from the train station was a great adventure and tours were like 95.00 per person US - going on our own costs us like 15.00 per person including the cab ride each way from the train station in Kunta Hora- Can not wait to return next year- one of my favorite cities now!

Midlands
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: roma hotel

I'm a woman in my 40s and had no problems staying in Prague on my own this summer. Czech people have on the whole a courtesy long lost in Britain. Things have been spolied somewhat by Prague having been discovered by the mass tourist market, but you wouldn't want things to stay the way they were when I first visited in 1990. I have to say though that the British were responsible for most of the vulgar public behaviour I observed this summer: loud obnoxious beered-up yobs waddling around in Engerland shirts; a beered-up young woman sitting at a pavement cafe with a pretend penis on her head; braying and vomiting in the street in the early hours...

But these types tend to stick to the tourist/beer honeypots and are easily avoided.

A very nice small hotel I can reccommend is the 'Cerny Slon' (Black Elephant'), a traditional Prague inn-style place in the UNESCO-listed area just off the Old Town Square. Only a few rooms, but a lovely place to stay - decent restaurant and a little bar at street level. A bit pricey (for me anyway) but well worth it.

One to avoid: 'U Krale Karla' below the castle. For some reason this is reccommended as a 'romantic' hideaway. I booked myself in because it sounded and looked nice, but it was hot, smelly, the lift didn't work, and the twerp in charge of the restaurant and hotel the evening I arrived was quite simply the most offensive individual I have ever encountered in a service industry. I walked, and took my money with me.

Midlands
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: roma hotel

Link to the English pages of the Black Elephant just recc'd:

http://www.hotelcernyslon.cz/eubytovani.html

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: roma hotel

just one thing on boat trips in the winter. It is normally too cold to stand on deck and if you go below, the windows steam up. Best to avoid them

6. Re: roma hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 06:24