We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on guided tour round Prague please

Norfolk UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on guided tour round Prague please

My sister and I are having our first trip to Prague next month. We are interested in one of the guided tours, preferably a walking one, on our first day so that we get a general idea of the city etc.

Does anyone have any advice please on the best tour to book . We are staying at the Bellagio Hotel in the Jewish Quarter.

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on guided tour round Prague please

In November...we did the 6 hour Yellow Umbrella tour...it was the best thing we ever did. They meet under the Astonomical clock..your hotel will have a brochure with times for you. We saw everything...walked our legs off, went on a boat ride with drinks,, ate a very good lunch, saw every district,it was so helpful because the guide gave us insights on how to ride the trams, what to watch out for, we were completely ready to go on our own the next day. the guide who was probably around 30 told us what it was like to live under communism...very interesting..and we also enjoyed meeting our tour members...from everywhere. If we had not done the tour we feel we would have wasted so much time trying to find things.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,873 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on guided tour round Prague please

www.premiant.cz

www.martintour.cz

www.pragueexperience.com

www.praguer.com

are just 4 of the Prague tour companies.I have used the last two companies and found them to be very good ,though have not used them for any walking tours in Prague,unless you call the Pub tour a walking tour ?

Martin tour have had some very good mentions on this forum as has a company called Whitman (sp?)

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on guided tour round Prague please

the above tours mentioned by unclegus are mainly bus tours, which I wouldn't recommend unless you have special needs, as much of the centre is pedestrianised and so the buses cannot go down. As KG has said, you will find a number of walking tours start from underneath the astronomical clock in the old town square and the representatives have leaflets there. You can also pick up some leaflets at the leaflet stands at the airport when you are waiting for your luggage to give you an idea of what some companies offer

4. Re: Advice on guided tour round Prague please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 15:19