We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Brno - must see/do things?

Which Brno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Brno - must see/do things?

We are going out to Brno between 22-24 April and wanted to know if there are any things in particular that are a real must see/do. We like a wide range of things so any suggestions are welcome...

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,238 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Brno - must see/do things?

If you look through the Brno forum I think I have covered this quite comprehensively - here are a couple of tasters:

guardian.co.uk/travel/2010/jun/19/low-cost-f…

brno.cz/fileadmin/…Brno_1en.wmv

http://brnonow.com/

http://www.tugendhat.eu/en/ (definitely a must see)

You really need more than 2 days, so save some for next time :)

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
435 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Brno - must see/do things?

Tugendhat villa, a couple of pints in Paegas, see the gangs of pickpockets at station shouldn't take more than a few hours..

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,238 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Brno - must see/do things?

As the article says - friendlier and more fun than the capital :)

You will not be troubled by pickpockets, don't worry about that.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Brno - must see/do things?

Won't be using the station so hopefully wont be pickpocketed!!

Thak you for the links GCEC I had read a fair few of them. We are there for 2 nights and 3 days so we should get to see a fair chunk of the city. I have booked a table at Borgo Agnese for my partners birthday and we are very much looking forward to that!

So far we are looking at doing some underground stuff like the labyrinth, tungendhat, bus tour and thats as far as we have got. Any other suggestions at all?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,238 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Brno - must see/do things?

Bus tour? that won't be a lot of good to you as the city centre is all pedestrianised! I would skip that as it sounds a bit dodgy. I know it is advertised on the website, but I have never seen this bus, and I can't think where it would take you. But you never know, it might be great ...

The 'Labyrinth' is not strictly a labyrinth - there is a tour of the old cellars under Zelný trh which is quite interesting, if a little contrived (as these things always tend to be :) ) - great for kids as there are a couple of torture chambers and alchemist's laboratories and the like thrown in there, but definitely worth a look. The entrance is a little bit hidden towards the bottom of the square, but just ask and someone will point you in the right direction.

Tugendhat Villa is a must - book early to avoid disappointment - otherwise I think I have covered everything in other posts, and the above links cover a great deal as well. Play it by ear - a walk up to the Špilberk castle is good exercise and there are great views from the top, also the museum up there is worth visiting.

If the weather is nice you could go to the lake (almost at the end of the no. 1 tram in Bystrc), or you could go to the caves in Blansko, but as you only have 2 days you will be pushed to fit it all in.

And of course Pegas and, if you can find it, Blahovka! Borgo Agnese is quite a new place and everybody raves about it, but it isn't somewhere I am likely to end up so can't comment.

Have fun!

6. Re: Visiting Brno - must see/do things?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:17