We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Brno to Bratislava

Hednesford,Staffs
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Brno to Bratislava

Hello,

earlier this year I spent a day in Brno while on a stag do in Bratislava. Cracking place, and will be spending a night there on my travels from Katowice-Bratislava. I bought a return ticket from Bratislava last time, I know in most of these parts returns are cheaper.

Does the same apply Brno to Bratislava?

Thanks,

Andy

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Brno to Bratislava

Are you asking about buying a return ticket from Brno to Bratislava?

Then there is no discount, it's an international ticket, you can buy on eshop from 60 to 3 days in advance, and the ticket (unlike your Ostrava to Olomouc ticket) is tied to a particular train...if you miss it, the ticket becomes worthless. Also before you reach Slovak Borders you must have the ticket validated by the conductor.....

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,970 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Brno to Bratislava

Get the bus - cheaper and more comfortable www.studentagency.eu €8 studentagency.cz/jizdenky/videa/index.html

The same goes for Olomouc to Brno. Get the bus from the same company, which is quite a bit faster than the train. Plus you get free wi-fi, etc.

Hednesford,Staffs
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Brno to Bratislava

Thanks, ive gone with the bus. Gets me into bratislava earlier than i need but i can have lunch before i fly back in the old town, i like slang pub! The later departures take longer, must have more stops!?

Thanks again guys!

Andy

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,540 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Brno to Bratislava

Enjoy!

5. Re: Train from Brno to Bratislava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 05:17