We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

Big Island
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

Hello everyone. I am wanting to travel from Brno to Budapest and the train website gave me the option of taking the EC 173 from Brno to Breclav arriving at 16:54 and switching to the EC 131 from Breclav to Budapest leaving at 16:57, so 3 minutes to change. I am... Unconvinced... Has anyone had experience with this train route? Is it possible to do? There is a direct train from Brno to Budapest 2 hours later, but it arrives a little late for my taste and I'd like to take this option if it is possible. If not, I'd rather spend 2 extra hours in Brno rather than Breclav train station...

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Breclav
Breclav
South Moravian Region, Czech Republic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,367 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

You could take an earlier train...departs Brno at 10.22 EC275 Jaroslav Hasek gets to Keleti at 14.35.

or departs Brno at 12.22 EC277 Slovan.....both these trains are direct.

http://www.cd.cz/en/#

Edited: 23 August 2014, 17:06
Big Island
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

Hi there, thanks for your reply. Yeah I saw the earlier trains, but I really wanted to maximise my time in Brno... Well.. I might see if I could take a regional train from Brno to Breclav earlier then switch to the EC train instead. They appear to have quite a few options in the early afternoon... One at 15:36 from Brno which arrives at Breclav at 16:21... Might be an option.

Mentioned in this post
Breclav
Breclav
South Moravian Region, Czech Republic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,367 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

well, check the connections on CD website..but quite frankly I would take a direct train...there's also one which leaves Brno at 14.22...EC171 Hungaria

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

Listen to Tilly!

Why make life more difficult for yourself?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,576 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

this is the extent of Breclev platform,

vysokorychlostni-zeleznice.cz/wp-content/upl…

I would have no hesitation in going with your original plan

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,305 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

It is a very easy change, but you then have to hope that the original train from Brno is on time (it isn't always the case), and waiting on the platform in Břeclav until the next train comes along isn't the most interesting of ways to spend your time.

There is also the bus www.studentagency.eu which might have times that are more suitable.

7. Re: Brno to Budapest with 3 min change in Breclav. Possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Brno
Recent Conversations