We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague to Olomouc

Which Olomouc hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
India
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Prague to Olomouc

Hi we are visiting Prague next month? Need to know what is the best route to take from Prague to Olomouc and what is the distance. We will be there for 3 days

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague to Olomouc

Are you driving or taking public transportation?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,453 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague to Olomouc

250km approx

if by train,look at nicer trains Leo Express or RegioJet

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague to Olomouc

I have made this trip several times and have always taken the train. The train system in the Czech Republic is well-developed, efficient , clean and inexpensive. You may book your ticket online or purchase at the train station. We have taken both the high-speed Pendolino and the Leo Express, a competitor. Both are very good and will get you to Olomouc in about 3 hours. Olomouc is a very walkable city and has great bus and tram service, also efficient and inexpensive. If you want to see the countryside around Olomouc, however, you will be better off if you have a car.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
128 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague to Olomouc

If you are still considering driving and don't mind taking a scenic route I would suggest going by: Prague - Kutna Hora - Litomysl - Litovel (brewery) and/or Bouzov Castle - Olomouc. The latter two can be done on a day trip from Olomouc. A reminder there is a 0% drink driving limit in the Czech Republic.

Tel Aviv District...
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague to Olomouc

Hey, I'm joinging to the question how to get to Olomuc from Prague- I saw there's a train but then I saw it's possible to get to Olomuc from Prague by the "Student Agency" company but I didn't understand- it's a diffrenet train? from where is it departing in Prague and where is it getting to in Olomuc?

https:/…

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague to Olomouc

There are three train companies that go to Olomouc:

RegioJet, which is run by Student Agency: http://regiojet.cz/cs/index.html

Leo Express: www.le.cz

Czech Railways: www.cd.cz (if you go by this, make sure it is the SC Pendalino).

All three are equally good, fast and cheap. It just depends on the time of departure. You can compare all times at www.idos.cz .

Tel Aviv District...
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague to Olomouc

I see, thank you.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Prague to Olomouc

hi, is there a bus straight from olomouc to prague airport? tq.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prague to Olomouc

no

10. Re: Prague to Olomouc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2016, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Olomouc