We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way from Poznan to Gdansk (or Prague)

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
389 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Best way from Poznan to Gdansk (or Prague)

I am thinking of heading to Poland again this summer for a week visit (also because I miss it and want to avoid the Euro if possible).

My idea this year was to arrive in Warsaw for a few days, then fly to either Gdansk or Poznan. What is the fastest way to travel between Gdansk or Poznan? Would there be any flights that connect Gdansk and Prague by any chance?

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way from Poznan to Gdansk (or Prague)

I think the cheapest and yet quite efficient way is by train - the Gdansk-Poznan route isn't the fastest one, but you will make it in roughly 5 hours (depending on the train, it may be 30mins either way from 5hrs). I just took this route a few weeks ago and the 2nd class ticket was a bit less than 50 PLN. Add 50% for first class, though don't expect luxury - just a bit more room + better chance of having a seat if the train is full (AFAIK, there are no PKP Intercity connections, so no seat reservations are available).

Re direct flight connections to Prague, I'm afraid there aren't any from Gdansk at the moment (though please have a look at the airport's website to be 100% sure). There are certainly none from Poznan, although some rumours say there may be some announced shortly... watch out for this one.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way from Poznan to Gdansk (or Prague)

the train to poznan from warsaw i think takes maybe 3 hours...its quicker than going to gdansk

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
389 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way from Poznan to Gdansk (or Prague)

bump

4. Re: Best way from Poznan to Gdansk (or Prague)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 19:18