We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wroclaw or Posnan?

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Topic
Wroclaw or Posnan?

Been to Krakow and loved it considering Wroclaw or Posnan can you let me know pros and cons for both places and how they compare size wise and which place would have the most to do over 3 nights.

We are 4 girls going away for a weekend so want shopping, alfresco drinks, food and nice historical areas and best value for money.

Thanks.

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wroclaw or Posnan?

they are similar towns.....with similar shopping etc....wroclaw is bigger...has a bigger rynek....actually 2 of them....poznan is the cradle of polish civilization....the first kings are buried there on cathedral island...wroclaw was very germanized....also has its cathedral island but with about 5 churches so its larger...in good weather both towns have rocking old town areas....to me its a coin toss as i love both an generally visit both at the same time as the train ride is short

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
454 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wroclaw or Posnan?

Thanks thats very helpful!

3. Re: Wroclaw or Posnan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 08:16