We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hrebenne border crossing

Torquay, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hrebenne border crossing

Hi,

Later in the year I'll be driving a leased car from Eastern Poland to Romania, and going via Ukraine may be a more direct route. With that in mind, I'm just curious to know a little about the Hrebenne/Rava-Ruska border crossing.

Are delays of several hours likely? It is any quicker/easier (or longer, for that matter) to get through as a non-European citizen? Are there better times of the day and night to cross the border? As a foreigner, would I basically join the back of the queue at the border, or is there an express lane for certain types of transit visitors?

Many Thanks for any advice.

Lublin, Lubelskie...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hrebenne border crossing

Hello,

I study in Lublin, Poland and go to Lviv, Ukraine a couple times a year. If you are driving a rental car, there might be a very long delay. You will definitely be there for a few hours. If you take a bus across then it will cut your time down significantly at the border. The only time that I have noticed very few cars was on Easter weekend. I guess everyone stayed in Poland that weekend. Well, I hope that helps with your planning. Make sure you get there early :)

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
887 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hrebenne border crossing

Make sure all the documents confirming that you have the right to use the car are intact, my friend has been returned from the border twice because the border guards had some issues with the paperwork (it was not his car). And, unfortunate to say, bribes can fix some problems.

Anyway, I know that many people prefer to take the 200 km longer route through Slovakia and Hungary because it may sometimes still be faster than going through the Ukraine. It is not uncommon that you wait on the Polish-Ukrainian border for 5-6 hours. I don't know the situation on the Ukrainian-Romanian border.

3. Re: Hrebenne border crossing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:42