We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

Nizhny Novgorod...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

Sorry, I mean no offence to anyone. Its just that the price seems too cheap to be true. Haha! Comparing with other countries, that is. So just got me worried. If this is really a good service, that is fantastic!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

Yes

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

It's good. Usually on time, reliable and safe. The biggest disadvantage is that leg space is quite small but I can live with that. And wc is veeery small ;)

Nizhny Novgorod...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

Thank you for replies! Definitely taking it then!

Cheboksary, Russia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

Is it possible that the price currently listed on Polskibus website gets even lower later on?

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

Usually prices are lower at the beginning and then get higher closer to the departure date - if the season is high and/or when there are many tickets sold then tickets are more expensive. But not always, there are some seasonal bargains from time to time.

The 'problem' with Polski Bus ticket system is that you can buy cheap tickets and then resell them, as the tickets are 'anonymous' - there are no names registered on them. So when there is a certain number of cheap tickets released then there might be people who will buy all of them and resell them with profit. Polski Bus management know about this and they say they don't care as it's not illegal.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

R_P has it exactly - just like air fares, companies use low fares first so they can advertise low fares (OK< I'm a cynic!). Then they use a limited number of low fares so people can actually be seen to be getting the cheap fares and to put a few bums on seats. Then the next tranche of tickets go at a "cost plus" price (they gotta make a profit overall!) and finally the final tranche which will be either bargains - too many unsold seats looks bad - or very expensive - business cream from those who "must travel today".

Cheboksary, Russia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

Hi, Does anyone know when do tickets go on sale for July? I see that the site does not update every day. Also, are they punctual? Do they arrive earlier than the expected time ever, or late? Thanks!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

I'd say if you are waiting for a bus to assume it will be on time, but accept that it could well be late - later, the further it has to come. Roads and traffic in Poland are not too easy to predict.

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Polski Bus safe, trustworthy and reliable?

When you get on this bus at its initial starting point then you can expect it to be about 15-10 mins earlier before the departure (so the driver could load all the bags and check the list). But when you get on at some stop in the middle of the route (like in Lodz on Warsaw-Prague route) then the bus may be late if the traffic is heavy.