We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Spala from Warsaw

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Spala from Warsaw

Hi I am planning a visit to Spala in September and was planning to book flights from UK to + from Warsaw + stay 2-3 days extra in Warsaw before flying home. But I am not sure how would be the best way to get too + from spala.

I am travelling alone + recovering from ME so may struggle pulling my suitcase around long distances.

What options are there? Would a taxi do the trip + how much could I expect to pay? Or are there other alternatives.

Appreciate any help. Thanks very much.

Wendy

Mentioned in this post
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Spala from Warsaw

Spała is some 110 km away from Warsaw so a taxi is going to be absurdly expensive. I can see several bus connections, at least one direct, more with changes. If taxi is an option, you should also research connections to Tomaszów Mazowiecki - it is the nearest town. You can take a taxi from there, it's about 10 km. Plus there are buses from Tomaszów M. as well.

http://en.e-podroznik.pl/

Mentioned in this post
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Spala from Warsaw

Would I be better flying to lodz instead then? I got the impression although closer than Warsaw it is not that close either? And the flight near 100 gbp more. but would it be easier to get from their to spala or more feasible by taxi?

This is first time I have been well enough to travel out of uk in over 4 years + am primarily going to Olympic rehabilitation centre in spala. The simplest least stress option is best.

This may be silly question but where do you catch bus from in Warsaw? Can i get it from airport or would I need to transport luggage someplace else (if I chose that option).

Thanks for help. Any suggestions appreciated.

Wendy

Mentioned in this post
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Spala from Warsaw

why dont you contact your hotel with all these questions...i bet they can help you alot more than here....

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Spala from Warsaw

I have emailed the centre at spala to ask advice but not had response to query + difficult to book flight when not sure which airport to fly to or how to get to main destination.

Expecting to go in a month so seeking info from anyone who can help.

Thanks

Wendy

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Spala from Warsaw

Łódź is much closer - 60km - you can e-mail taxi firms in Łodź for a quote. There are a few buses (direct to Spała) and trains (with 1 change) to Tomaszów Mazowiecki (then taxi or bus). Details on the website above - and for trains- http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en?

Most buses from Warsaw depart from Warszawa Zachodnia DA - it's a joint train and bus station on the airport train route http://www.ztm.waw.pl/?c=574&l=2

I can also see some of them departing from Metro Marymont Station

Mentioned in this post
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Spala from Warsaw

Sorry, Wilanowska Metro Station

7. Re: Getting to Spala from Warsaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 07:20