We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poland to Croatia

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Poland to Croatia

Hey,

Me and two of my friends are planning a 2 to 2 1/2 week trip beginning in Krakow and ending in Croatia. We would like to spend around 3 days in Krakow to visit Auswitch and the salt mines and around 5 days in Croatia - probably around Split and maybe fit in an island or two. The middle part is proving difficult! We really want to make the most of our time without cramming too much in and being unable to appreciate it properly.

Any tips/ ideas/ suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Bydgoszcz
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Poland to Croatia

Budapest would be a good midpoint. You have an overnight train from Krakow to Budapest, and then there is an overnight train from Budapest to Split.

Budapest is a city where it would be easy to spend a few days--you'll wish you had longer! I keep going back! Split is a good choice, too--a very interesting location.

Regards,

J. Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poland to Croatia

Hi. You have 14-17 nights, 3 in Krakow and 5 in Split. From Krakow you can easily go by night train to Prague (1 night on train + 3 in Prague) and then to Budapest (another 3-4 nights) and to Split. Krakow deserves some more time so maybe make it 4 nights.

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poland to Croatia

Thank you both so much - any ideas on train prices, I've been trying to find them on different sites. Managing to find timetables occasionally but no prices.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
10,505 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poland to Croatia

When are you planning this trip for?

If you have never been to Croatia before, I think you are not allowing enough time there. 5 days is not much especially if you want to visit couple islands.

Liverpool, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poland to Croatia

Planning it for the beginning if August - maybe 4 days in krakow then 4 in Budapest which would leave a week in Croatia?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
10,505 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poland to Croatia

What are your main interests in Croatia. Is it nature, or beaches and partying? Also, I would suggest to hire a car from Zagreb. Where are you flying out of? Do you want to visit Dubrovnik?

Once you tell us that, I will suggest an itinerary for Croatia.

Edited: 19 February 2014, 19:43
7. Re: Poland to Croatia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 07:19