We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow to Prague

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Krakow to Prague

What is the best way to travel from Krakow to Prague without having to take the night train? And how do I make the reservation?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow to Prague

UM, the day train (one change) or the coach

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow to Prague

Thanks. We are looking for day trains. But the best I could find was with two connections at Katowice and Ostrava. Do I have to make reservations in advance or can I buy the tickets at the station a 3 days before travel?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow to Prague

You're right - trains connect in Katowice and Ostrava, but cheaper is to get the express bus to Ostrava then the train - about 90zl less one way. First departure is about 30 minutes faster than the double train option.

If it were me I'd book through Polrail and collect the tickets at their Krakow office. You otherwise need to buy cross-border trains in person (TBMK)

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow to Prague

you could also go by bus.....spending a night or two in lovely wroclaw...it would break up the long akward trip between the 2 cities

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow to Prague

Thank you. Were would I get the express bus to Ostrava?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow to Prague

Kraków Główny

The main bus station is next to the main rail station is net to the shopping mall is next to the street the minibuses run from!

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow to Prague

Thank you once again. I would also like to thank you for your posts regarding tram ticket validation. Very helpful. I will be traveling with a child (<2 years). Would I need a tram ticket for him as well?

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krakow to Prague

Children under four and everybody over the age of 70 are entitled to free public transport.

You ought to carry evidence of age - that's a general rule and applies for all the concessionary fares.

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Krakow to Prague

Would I need a car seat for my toddler (<2 years old) to travel on a Taxi (eg from airport to the hotel)?

Poland
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Krakow to Prague

According to Polish law children can travel in a taxi without a car seat. But it's parent's responsibility to keep them safe (not driver's).