We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

Which Gdansk hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

We are arriving in Gdansk next Thursday for two nights and booked Gotyk House months ago based on the good reviews here. We have received an email today saying that they have had to move us to Dom Schumannow which is supposed to be of the same standard. I can't find any reviews of this place and also can't find a good rate at any other hotels this late in the day.

Does anyone have experience of this hotel?

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,232 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

no need to get all excited....i've never stayed there but from the website i can tell you there is no better location in gdansk than this one..much better than the gothic....in fact its incredible!..its right accross from the town hall on dluga where dluga becomes a big sq1uare..on one of the best streets in all of europe....at night when the city is lit up and the chimes are ringing you will get goose bumps.....if you are so lucky to have front rooms you will truely have an unforgettable view....i suspect this is a new hotel as there is little info....so they transfered you there when it got crowded.....thank your lucky stars!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
124 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

Thanks for your advice. After communication with the management of Gotyk we realise that the reason for the move was absolutely beyond their control and they personally recommend the Schumannow. Probably a bit of an overreaction on my behalf after researching hotels for so long and really looking forward to it. The management of Gotyk have been extremely helpful and professional about this unforseen problem and we are looking forward to visiting them next time we visit Gdansk. Anyway, it seems like where we are now going is good so we are happy and looking forward to visiting Gdansk.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
112 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

can you do a review of this new hotel please. I am going in March 09 and am looking for a nice hotel in the centre, Am looking at Hotel Gdanks, but there is some building works being done beside it!!! is it possible for you to do a quick review or a quick reply,

looking forward to your views, How was Gdansk!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

How was your trip please...?

Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

doctormichelle

Would be great if you could give some feedback on the hotel Dom Schumannow. We are looking to book asap

Regards

Ambre

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

I too would love to get a review of the Dom Schumannow and maybe an idea of the rates in euro for February. The location seems to be ideal but I have no idea of the standard of the hotel. Anyone out there know anything about it??? Looking forward to hearing from ye. I also believe that Kobza Haus is pretty good. ??

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
110 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

try to check up here: http://www.domschumannow.pl/?gF6HoZH1QEtH4uRGLUY4OkAou1gYRq/K5YfWqb93FkY=;IJ9177498332

prices give in the web are in PLN, but you can covert it to € with the factor 4,6 roughly

Unfortunately I can't give any feedback on the hotel

anyway, looks pretty nice and location is superb!!!

Note that if one wants to come in summer then you can forget about peaceful relaxation - it is located just in the heart of the Old Town and it is pretty noisy, believe me....

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
110 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

one correction: price given in the web, not give

sorry for typing mistake...

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

Staying at the Gotyk in march - can anyone recommend a walking tour company- please

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
14 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Moved from Gotyk to Dom Schumannow at last minute, Help!

Anyone out there got any information on these accomodations in Gdansk. I am trying to decide between them and the prices are pretty similar. Mercure Hotel, Dom Schumannow and lastly an apartment on SW Ducha. I have read mixed reviews on the Mercure. Quite a few people say the rooms are small and even though we are only two people we like to have some space.

I have no idea what star rating the Dom Schumannow is and we are being offered the Mayor apartment in the building which apparently has very good views but then we wonder would it be noisy at night??

Lastly the apartment on SW Ducha 7 looks really lovely and includes breakfast. Trouble is the Mercure is the cheapest of all and is rated as a 4 star property. Gosh we are in such a dilemma. Can anyone help us?? Hope to hear from someone soon!!