We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

Hi,

I am planning to visit the Sztutowo concentration camp next week (30th May). I looked for the bus schedule to/from Gdansk and found a bus that departs at 10.15 and arrives at the museum around 11.30hr. However, for the journey back to Gdansk, I found the following info:

13:33 14:48 L xv 1h 15min 51 km 2 Krynica Morska - Gdansk przez Stegna

14:27 15:37 K d 1h 10min 51 km 2 Sztutowo - Gdansk przez Stegna

16:33 17:47 R xv 1h 14min 51 km 2 Krynica Morska - Gdansk przez Stegna

19:03 20:18 U 1h 15min 51 km 2 Krynica Morska - Gdansk przez Stegna

d - kursuje VI - IX

xv - w okresie 1.VI - 30. IX kursuje ze Sztutowa

Does that mean that the first bus back only leaves at 19:03? Because then it would not make sense for me to visit the place if I have to wait half a day for the bus back to Gdansk. Can anyone confirm this info or recommend another way of getting back to Gdansk perhaps? How much would a private driver cost? I'm a student traveling on a limited budget, so I would prefer taking the bus.

Thanks!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

I have checked the timetables and on 30 May the following services should be running from Sztutowo Muzeum back to Gdansk:

13:33 (PKS Gdansk)

15:11 (PKS Elblag)

16:33 (PKS Gdansk)

19:03 (PKS Gdańsk)

http://en.e-podroznik.pl/

http://www.pks.elblag.pl/szukaj2.php

www.pks.gdansk.pl//wyszukiwarka/index.php…

I'm not sure about the 14:27 service as it is indeed labelled as running June to September but it does show up on 30 May schedules for some reason.

Edited: 26 May 2012, 08:33
Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

Hi,

I have checked also with PKS Gdansk

and I see you have the return buses to Gdansk

at 13:31 and 16:31,

Bus 14,25 goes fm June only.

Kind regards

Malgorzata

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

During summer - there is also probably - a local train to Wisla river side where in Mikoszewo You can get on ferry to Swibno, where You can get on a red city bus line 186.

Anyway - if You will get by BUS to Mikoszewo - the ferry goes up to 22:00. In Swibno last bus to Gdansk goes around 22:27 and 23:33.

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

Thanks a lot everyone. I have a few more questions though: is the bus stop for the drive back to Gdansk right in front of the museum? And what does the bus look like? Does it have its final destination (Gdansk?) indicated on the front window?

Gdansk, Poland
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

Hi,

The bus stop isn't in front of the Museum.

When you'll leave Museum turn to the left and walk 5 min. to the main road

and next turn the left again ang go a few steps to bus stop.

To be safe spare at least 15-20 minutes after leaving the Museum to reach the bus stop.

The bus to Gdansk shld have the plague Gdansk.

If on the bus stop is mention "na żądanie" you have to rise your hand and to stop bus.

Kind regards

Malgorzata

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
888 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

Great info, thanks a lot.

7. Re: Bus timetable to/from Sztutowo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:40