We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gdansk / Sopot in Oct or Nov

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gdansk / Sopot in Oct or Nov

Hi,

We (8 guys all just under 30ish) are thinking of heading to Gdansk / Sopot in October or November for a stag do (not a typical beery Brit one – we are more reserved and respectful and interested in experiencing local life somewhere new)

What are these places like at this time of year, mainly Sopot really, I understand it is out of season so likely quieter, but is it too quiet for this sort of thing, would we be better served heading to Warsaw or Krakow instead?

Also what are the average alcohol prices, I am seeing around 8-12PLN for beer, is this correct? Is it a lot more in clubs like it is in the uk?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Gdansk
Gdansk
Pomerania Province, Poland
Sopot
Sopot
Warsaw
Warsaw
Mazovia Province, Poland
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Karlskrona, Sweden
Level Contributor
123 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gdansk / Sopot in Oct or Nov

Hi, October and November deprive theses cities of crowds heading towards beaches. The weather is not written in stone. It may be sunny, but chilly, but it may easily be snowy. Sopot continues being lively during the weekends with crowds of people filling the bars, restaurants and discos, while Gdansk is ceirtanly more sleepy. The two are awsome in terms of spas that have a more relaxed atmosphere than during the summer peak times.

The beer is around 5-10 zl in the bars, unless you go for more fancy, imported from Mexico or Australia beers that may be more costly. The prices for bears at supermarkets start at 2 zloty

Edited: 21 July 2014, 20:07
Mentioned in this post
Gdansk
Gdansk
Hamburg, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Gdansk / Sopot in Oct or Nov

i also would love to know if any one experienced sopot in october ! Is it worth it ???

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Gdansk / Sopot in Oct or Nov

bigbishere

this time of year the beach in Sopot has its own unique charm ... I do not know what you're looking for but from October begins in Poland academic year and all the beautiful student partying in Sopot: D

Mentioned in this post
Sopot
Sopot
Poland
Poland
Europe
4. Re: Gdansk / Sopot in Oct or Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 06:16