We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide and transport to Bialystok

Which Bialystok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
S_S
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
85 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Guide and transport to Bialystok

My Mother is going on a tour in Poland in the fall. She wants to leave the tour for 1-2 days and visit Bialystock (her Mother grew up there). I have two questions.

1. Best (and safest) way for her to travel from Lublin to Bialystock

2. Any advice regarding possibly getting a guide for her while she is in Bialystock, both for infomation and transportation? Would this be useful or is it easy to get around?

Thanks much!

Bialystok, Poland
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide and transport to Bialystok

It is actually easier to travel from Lublin to Bialystok via Warsaw. Would suggest fast trains - pospieszny. Bialystok is very easy to get around. You can check re a guide at the hotel she will stay .

paris
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide and transport to Bialystok

hi,what are the best options to go for bialystok

when coming from f chopin airport in warsaw?

thanks!

Bialystok, Poland
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide and transport to Bialystok

Take a cab from the airport to Warszawa Centralna Railway Station - 20 minutes (should cost not more than 40 PLN). Or you can take the 175 bus (40 min) and get off at the Marriott hotel across from the station. Trains to Bialystok go pretty much every hour or so. It takes 2.5 hrs.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide and transport to Bialystok

Would I need or want a car there? I can't tell if the bus service would be sufficient to get to some of the local touristy places.

How hard would it be to get to Lomza if I don't have a car?

Bialystok, Poland
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide and transport to Bialystok

Best to hop on the train from Warsaw to Bialystok. In Bstok, use cabs. Rent a car to go from Bstok to Lomza.

6. Re: Guide and transport to Bialystok

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 07:26
Get answers to your questions about Bialystok