We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bialystok public transport

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
417 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Bialystok public transport

Hello.

Can you tell me how and how much to pay for using local buses in Bialystok? Can I pay the driver, if yes, so how much?

Also, is there any tourist map of sightseeing places in Bialystok to buy?

8 replies to this topic
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bialystok public transport

http://bialystok.jakdojade.pl/

Jakdojade covers Bialystok

You need to enter full start and finish points and start time and it will tell you EXACTLY what to do - walk 50m, bus stop 123. Bus4 for 12 stops ... seriously very good but the route will change from time to time as it uses timetables to give you the shortest possible journey so if a No 12 has just gone it might send you to another stop to get a different bus.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bialystok public transport

I have never seen anyone from Białystok posting here so you may have to confirm this information when you are there.

Ticket prices:

www.komunikacja.bialystok.pl/…

I guess Białystok is the same as most big Polish cities where bus drivers are supposed to keep vehicles moving and not clogging bus stops selling tickets - if they sell them it is subject to lots of rules (exact change, only certain types of tickets are available, etc). My advice would be to buy your ticket before boarding to avoid problems.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 06:26
Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
417 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bialystok public transport

Yes, the questions is if I am able to buy one because I arrive at Bialystok bus station at 8 PM on a Friday.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bialystok public transport

I'm pretty sure that at 8pm the bus station will still be busy and there will be newsagents/shops open. Buying tickets from the driver should be treated as a last resort but I'm not saying it is not possible. From what I can read on that website it is possible provided you have exact change, the bus driver has not run out of tickets, the bus is not running late against the timetable, the bus is still stationary (has not moved away from the stop) and so on. The onus is on you to have a ticket and not on the bus driver to sell you one.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
417 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bialystok public transport

Can anyone reading Polish help me decide on the right fare zone? I need a ticket to go to Wladyslawa Jageillo street from PKS Bialystok. Other days I will be busy sightseeing the old town.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bialystok public transport

As far as I can see it is Zone 1 - if you enlarge the map on the jakdojade website above you will see the exact location of the stop you need to get off at (bus #100 from the bus station).

Białystok does not have an old town as such, only a city centre with some historic buildings - Branicki Palace, churches etc - all seem to be in Zone 1.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
417 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bialystok public transport

Thank you! That weekend ticket for 3 days for 16 zloty seems like a very good idea. I just hope I have an open place to buy it, as I mentioned my arrival is late. My bus pulls in at 20.10 and I hope to catch Bus 100 at 20.26, but I need some walking. The next Bus 100 is at 20.48.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
417 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bialystok public transport

Back from the trip. The bus station closes at 6 PM, so no chance to buy anything. But my hotel was within walking distance.

Reply to: Bialystok public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted