We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
eating out

Hi all.. Have been following the forums for tips on eating out. Have also looked at Cracow life for restaurant recommendations.. Have sort of book marked the following after looking at their menus online.. We will be staying nr Wawel Castle.

Balaton, Gosciniec, Pod Sloncem, Grill 15-16 and Sioux

For snacks, sandwiches etc - Cafe Sukiennice and Botanica or Pizza Dominium

Anyone got any info on any of the above, any you'd avoid like the plague - or any others (not too posh) they'd recommend? Did look at Szara but it looks a tad too upmarket for my liking.

Thanks all

:-)

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out

ohh.. forgot to add La Strada also..

thanks again

:-)

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out

For me La Strada is one of the best places to eat in Kraków. It's great value and the food is superb. As its not near the square, although it's only a short walk away, it's not packed with tourists and therefore no tourist prices.

Cracow life has lots of reviews. Look there from some opinions on the places you have mentioned.

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out

Thanks will definately try it out as I love Italian.. We are staying at the Hotel Royal so its quite near to there, as is the Gosciniec which has a more traditional Polish menu which I am looking forward to trying - ideal for us!

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
500 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out

We ate at Balaton last December and it was fantastic. The best fried trout I've ever tasted. Soup served in bowls hanging over a flame to keep them warm and an array of Polish and Hungarian dishes.

Service was great and for 2 courses, a beer and a vodka each we paid 99zl (approx. £17.00/$33.00) including a tip. Excellent value, I'd definately recommend it

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out

Hi when are you going.. we're staying at the hotel royal in March.... have just sent 2nd request for them to book taxi to meet us at the airport.. hopefully they will respond... thanks for asking these questions.. helped me out!!!

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out

Thanks for the input

The menu for the Balaton looks delicious, will have to put it on the definate list!.. think I might run out of days at the rate I'm going :-)

UnsureNow - We are going next Tues For 5 days, can't wait.. We were wondering about getting from the airport but will probably just get a taxi there. I emailed them to confirm booking etc, they said they are happy to organise tours if you aren't doing it yourself - the hotel has quite good reviews on here, looks great, a tad old fashioned but I think that adds to the charm for me!

Enjoy your trip, I'll post back on how I found it :-)

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out

bluwkd, if you need any help going on trips then let me know as I will be in Kraków for the next four months. No need to pay the over the top prices of tours as most can be done quite easily and cheaply by yourself.

merseyside
Level Contributor
879 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eating out

Welshgooner

Hello again . We are going to Krakow Wednesday . I have looked at weather reports for this coming week, I think sometimes they can be misleading . Is it very cold there now ?

Also where can you suggest we go , for a nice but reasonably priced lunch.

Thanks Melynda .

merseyside
Level Contributor
879 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eating out

Welshgooner

I was thinking of a light lunch not a restaurant .

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: eating out

Thanks WelshGooner,

I think we will make our own way to Auschwitz, was going to do it with a tour but after reading on here about how easy (and cheap) it is to go alone we decided to go that route as didn't like the idea of being rushed around.. Will visit the Salt mine too, I believe you can get a shuttle bus at the main post office and join a tour once there?

Other than that will visit the Castle as on the door step and just have a general mooch around :-)

Get answers to your questions about Krakow