We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport Question - Travel to Krakos

nashville
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Passport Question - Travel to Krakos

I need help. We had a trip scheduled to Krakow in September '07(and from Krakow to Prague with a flight change in Germany). My husband's passport expires in January of '08. My travel agent said something about the expiration date being too close to our travel date. Can anyone explain this to me? Why is it a problem? I think it's too late to renew it before our trip. I believe even expedited it would take at least 5 weeks. Are we in trouble??

Thanks in advance,

Denise

nashville
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport Question - Travel to Krakos

Krakow, not Krakos! Sorry for the typo.

-denise.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
992 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport Question - Travel to Krakos

I think you need to have at least six months left on your passport for entry into Poland. Have a look here for more info:

wordtravels.com/Travelguide/…Visa

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport Question - Travel to Krakos

You will def need 6 months on your passport can you not get a new one by paying extra we can get a passprt same day in the UK if we go to the office and pay extra, i hope it works out for you.

MJT
London
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport Question - Travel to Krakos

I think its closer to 90 days as thats how long US citizens can stay visa free in Poland. I think you will be OK (but dont hold me to that!!!)

…state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1000.html

5. Re: Passport Question - Travel to Krakos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 15:18