We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krakow to Warsaw

Wisconsin
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Krakow to Warsaw

We will be spending 5 days in Krakow and then going on to Prague. We would like to spend a little time in Warsaw...maybe a day and a half....should we take the train up to Warsaw and spend the night and then return to Krakow and leave for Prague the next day? Or should we drive up to Warsaw, spend the night, and leave from Warsaw to Prague? Can't decide which makes more sense....please help!!!!

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

take the train to warsaw....its so cheap ,efficent and gets you right in the center of town. without any hassles..2 days better in warsaw so you can see the palaces and castle etc...but i do believe its easier, not easy to get to prague from krakow

Chambery
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

Warsaw is really less interesting thanKrakow and not on the roa at all. I think it would be better to spend more time in Krakow or Prague than going to Warsaw. That s my point of view. Many ways of going from Krakow to Prague (day and night trains everyday) or buses, less expensive but bit longer.

Enjoy your stay, and if you ave questions about Krakow, just ask, I live there !!!!

Take Care

Antoine

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

Is it possible to buy a train ticket from Krakow to Warsaw in advance (on-line for example)? I am only going to be in Krakow for 24 hours and will then need to go on to Warsaw and want to be sure of getting a train!

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

Personally I wouldn't waste my time going to Warsaw, but that is just me. I love Prague and Krakow and each city has so much to do and offer that I would focus my time and plans there. If you must go to Warsaw I would only spend a day there. Good luck planning the logistics of your trip!

dallas tx.
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

your going to love the old town areas of warsaw.....castle square is one of my favorite squares in all of europe....but i do believe there are hourly trains to warsaw from krakow....no need to make reservations ahead of time

CT
Level Contributor
449 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

the train ride between Warsaw and Krakow is lovely, particularly the first hour or so leaving Krakow, and the inter-city express trains are very nice! We went first class at a slightly higher cost and thought the compartments were great.

We had two nights, just one full day in Warsaw, and thought it was great.

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

Could you advise travelling time on train from Krakow to Warsaw please?

CT
Level Contributor
449 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

It was 2 hours 45 minutes. check out www.intercity.pl.

9. Re: Krakow to Warsaw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 18:20