We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

Hello, I'm going to Krakow from Berlin and I'm not sure if it'll be better to travel there by train or air. Easyjet has stopped their Berlin to Krakow flight and I cannot find any other airline. I've read that it's cheaper and safer to fly. But I really like rail travel and would like to do an overnight train to Krakow.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice ? Thanks !

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,953 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

Hi,

I recently travelled overnight from London to Berlin and caught a train about 10am from Ostbahnhof to Krakow. Took about 9 hours but I wanted to see the countryside and meet fellow-travellers. (It might be quicker going by fast train via Warsaw?)

Look on www.bahn.de for train details and www.seat61.com for all things train...

uk
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

hi i travelled from berlin - wroclaw-kracow on the train (it does go straight through though) train journey was fine but i have heard some not so good things about the overnight train, especially if you are on your own, the train i took was in the daytime and can be booked online as the chap above said. hope you have a good trip!!

Wroclaw
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

Overnight trains are ok and very safe...You may also try to fly to Wroclaw with Ryanair and than take a train or bus to Krakow(takes 4-5 hours).

Wroclaw
Level Contributor
245 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

Ups there are no flights to Wroclaw from Berlin...Sorry:)

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
949 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

train to berlin is a long boring journey.takes between 9 and 10 hours.the train ticket is quite inexpensive really.cant rem exactly how much.the bar on the train shortens the journey a little!!

wroclaw
Level Contributor
375 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

Hi mate,

There was an air connection by directfly.pl but the company went bancrupt:) sorry.

So the only way is to take a train.

Alternatively take a train frow Berlin to Warsaw. From Warsaw it's a short way to Krakow by train.

7. Re: Berlin to Krakow - via train or air ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 21:17