We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

krakow,

Which Krakow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
krakow,

we are taking our four sons for a quick trip via ireland in June ,what would be the best hotel for 6 of us .The boys are all teenagers.our main reason for going is to see aushwitz and schindlers factory.we only have 3 days and unfortunatley no nothing about poland.any advice would be appreciated

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: krakow,

Have you considered an appartment that accomadate all of you? I have always stayed at hotels in Krakow. If you chose to go the hotel route then I would suggest the Classic. It's a wonderful hotel with a great location. You're a stone throw away from the square. Check out the reviews here.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274772-d284567…

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
584 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: krakow,

We are staying at the Classic from Sunday for 4 nights. We also have never visited Poland before so will post a review when we get back home. Hope this will help!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,275 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: krakow,

Maria,

I returned from Krakow this morning and stayed in the Qubus hotel - www.qubushotel.com

The Qubus is located in a very pretty location on the banks of the Vistula river. It is also extremely close to the Schindlers factory. All the fantastic trip advisor reviews are true - the Qubus is an excellent hotel, could not fault anything. I am currently writing a hotel review. In the meantime if you have any questions, let me know. Enjoy!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: krakow,

Here is my trip report on a do it yourself visit to Auschwitz and a short visit to krakow.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274772-i961-k1480…

I stayed at the Trecisu Guest House and the room I stayed in alone had room for 4 people. They may have connecting rooms too. It might be worth contacting them because the rates were very cheap and the building was well-situated. It's a very hands-off B&B (there is no night staff) but convenient and clean.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: krakow,

Have a look at www.cracow-life.com for suggestions and reviews of places to stay, eat and drink, as well as an idea of what's happening in the city and the basic info that every tourist needs.

The "In Your Pocket" guide does something similar www.inyourpocket.com/poland/city/krakow.html. They also publish an indispensible guide to bars, cafes and restaurants every 2 months that is widely available in bookshops and hotels in the city so you could pick that up when you get here.

Also, the Krakow Post (the local English-language newspaper) will give you a better idea of what makes this city tick (or not!) www.krakowpost.com.

If you're looking for something more meaty to read, I'd also recommend any one of Norman Davies' books on Poland.

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: krakow,

Just returned from krakow for the second time, consider this location which is 40 yards from the central square

http://www.grodzka.net.pl/, tis self catering, but the cafe Zakotek, next door provides an excellent breakfast at 12 zts, comprising meats , cheeses, salad, fresh bread and orange juice, For a 3 day stay i highly recomment this location. We did a Cool tour, called the Schindler tour, twas a walking tour that starts from the small church in the main square,, no need to book, just turn up, lasts 4 hours, tours the Jewish quarter, last vestiges of the ghetto wall, the deportation square of the martyrs, plus Schindlers factory, the guide will show you and as he did with us the locations used in the film Schindlers list.Groszska apartments can organise transport from airport to location.,plus a trip to auschiwitz. Sebastion the owner / manager speaks perfect english and was extremely helpful, the kids might want to check out the Showtime bar in the main square, entrance opposite the large head, superb band after 7 pm every night, enjoy,, we did ,,,Greetings from scotland

Any queries please feel free to ask,

tips. dont say thank you when receiving your bill in restaurants, this means keep the change.

Take some small change, cos some pubs and restaurants charge to use the toilets, not many but some do.enjoy

Nantes
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: krakow,

This is the adress of the place I stayed in Krakow. I think it could be intersting option for you and your family.

Travellers Inn Private Rooms - www.travellersinn.pl/rooms/krakow_rooms.htm

It s an hostel installed in an old appartment. That means that you share the bathrooms, toilets and common room with other guests. But, unlike most of hostels this is a quiet place with other travellers like you that want to sleep at night. They can provide you a quaqdruple room for the teenagers and a double room for you and your wife. The design style is very interesting and the extras of the place could be intersting as well : breakfast, internet access, bike for free, free diner once a week, free walking tour with people from the place... I highly recommand the place.

Gano

8. Re: krakow,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 10:17