We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private car to Auschwitz

essex england
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
private car to Auschwitz

hi all

In Krakow next weekend staying in kazimierz area. dont want to do a tour of Auschwitz but would like to get a taxi or private car to take us and bring us home . could anyone help me with somewhere to book a private car or best place to get a taxi from and an idea of cost .

many thanks

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private car to Auschwitz

if no one comes up with a better suggestion -take a look at krakow tours web site... we had a private guide.. around krakow.. but i am sure they will provide just a car... you will pay for it.. but you could search this forum and if i remember correctly you can catch a bus ....

good luck and hope you enjoy...it'sa lovely city.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private car to Auschwitz

lyn - i've just seen a post titled

Auschwitz and Salt mines combined tour

in there is mentions private car/driver.. may be worth contacting poster?

essex england
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private car to Auschwitz

many thanks for that . I have emailed krakowadvisor.com to see what they can offer .

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private car to Auschwitz

Visited Auschwitz 3 times in 2006,will be returning to Krakow on the 18th of February we have used a private Taxi company, address is krakow@bobtaxi.co.pl

Have a look on the website, Robert, a Polish man came to our rescue the first time of travelling to Krakow. He is a real gentleman and completely trustworthy, his English is not bad either.

Europe
Level Contributor
110 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private car to Auschwitz

We had a driver and car for 4 of us to Auschwitz and Birkenau and it cost approx E60 in total. Excellent value for money. Driver was extremely helpful and waited for us to see what we wanted to see. No rushing about. Car was spotless, driver polite. We met him by chance outside a hotel. Any taxi driver will take you.

essex england
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: private car to Auschwitz

thank you both . I am more than happy to pay £50 for a taxi to pick us up from the hotel, get us there quickly and bring us back . will email bobtaxi also . thanks for that, but cant find a website . Was asuuming it would be the same as the amail address but doesnt appear to work and tried googling but no luck.

Detroit
Level Contributor
753 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: private car to Auschwitz

Try Marta, she gave us a tour on our first trip to Aushwitz. On my second trip back I felt that I didn't need a guide and she arranged for her husband to drive us to Aushwitz and take us back to Krakow. They are very nice people and affordable as well.

privateguidesineurope.com/poland_marta.html

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: private car to Auschwitz

Polish email addresses are usually .com.pl

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: private car to Auschwitz

type in www.bobtaxi.com.pl sorry about the wrong address, have a good trip. Everything within the old part of Krakow is within walking distance, but you will need comfortable shoes as many areas are cobblestones. It can also be very cold at this time of year, so lots of layers because it is very warm inside.

essex england
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: private car to Auschwitz

many thanks everyone .you are all being very helpful . no reply back yet from Krakow advisor so I have emailed bobtaxi and Marta )both look good) in the hope that someone will reply before friday !!

Now hoping to try to include the salt mines over the weekend . Is it worth getting a guide for there or better to do this on our own again .

lyn