We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
458 reviews
Save Topic
Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

Has anybody eaten here?

Gruba Bula
££ - £££, American, Bar, Fast food
GOGO BURGER
£, American, Fast food, International
London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

I went there about a month ago, pleasant food BUT the place is attached to a VERY VERY loud nightclub/disco. The nightclub and the restaurant are open plan (although you can't see the dancers, they seem to be around a corner somewhere), I had to leave after about 25 mins because the drunken shrieking from the nightclub patrons and the incredibly loud dance music scared me off! After about 20 minutes I couldn't help but laugh, it was a disaster though. You had to yell at the waiter to get him to hear you! It was utterly bizarre, I have never experienced anything like it in a restaurant. I went on a Friday evening though so I expect at lunchtime or earlier in the week you wouldn't experience this problem!

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
458 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

Hi thanks for that it was a Friday evening we were going to go! Back to the drawing board then!

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

I'm pleased you asked this question! We had it on our list of possible dining places due to good reviews on Cracow-life (none on TripAdvisor!) but it's now been crossed off! I wanted somewhere other than the tried and tested ones of our last visit.

Mentioned in this post
Cracow Hostel
Cracow Hostel
174 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
458 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

Thats what I had been using as a basis for my search! Quite an important omission!

Now thinking of Hawelka. Seems to have some positive comments on a few forums in Tripadvisor over the months.

Did you go anywhere last time that you would particularly recommend? We really want a "good polish" restaurant but not too expensive!

Mentioned in this post
Hawelka
Hawelka
563 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

We found a nice little place in Slawkowska St but I just cannot remember the name!! Going up from the square it was on the right hand side, maybe two hundred yards or so up. Be warned, though, there was another room off which could have been a live music room, possibly at weekends! We ate there twice but it was week nights and quite peaceful and the food was lovely AND cheap! (I shall make a note of the name this time as even searching all the restaurants on Cracow-life hasn't brought it to mind!)

Mentioned in this post
Cracow Hostel
Cracow Hostel
174 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

Meant also to mention the Budaipest (Hungarian food) on Pijarska Street. That gets good reviews on Cracow-life but a search on this forum hasn't brought it up. So if anybody has any adverse comments please post!!

Mentioned in this post
Cracow Hostel
Cracow Hostel
174 Reviews
Krakow, Poland
7. Re: Kawaleria (The Cavalier) Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 08:23